We all had a fantastic Christmas yesterday. I was so excited for Christmas to start that I woke up every half-hour starting at 3:00 am until I finally just bit the bullet and got up at 5:30 and got myself ready. I ended up turning on the TV in the family room really loud to get my family to all wake up with me. The kids were an absolute hoot opening up their presents. Carson was thrilled that Santa remembered to bring him everything he asked him for - and was even convinced that he knew Santa would bring him some of the things he didn't ask for but still got, and McKinley exclaimed with an emphatic "Oooohhh, Wow!" every time she opened up another present. It was such a great year because it was the first time that both kids were really excited about Christmas. My favorite comment of the entire day was by Carson - he summed up the excitement for me very well:
Carson: (after unwrapping all of his Santa presents and looking around at his loot) "Wow, Mom. I'm really spoiled, huh?"
Me: Yes, you really must be.
Carson: Yeah, I think so too. (Then, with a little giggle) Ok, let's open up more presents!
I hope everyone else had a fantastic holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you had a nice Christmas. Pearl was much better this year about opening up presents than last and I can hardly wait until she's old enough to realize how spoiled she is, just like Carson!
I also liked when Carson said
I knew Santa would bring me a bike because i didn't have one
Post a Comment