Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Joy of the Holidays

We finally got around to setting up and decorating our Christmas tree yesterday. I say "finally" only because Carson has been asking me when we were going to put it up for about 2 weeks now - not because I like to rush the holidays, and especially not because I like to rush decorating. Both kids were hilarious and loved putting it all together. It was also the first year where everyone had an active role in the construction of the tree, which added a new and interesting element. Here are a few photos:


McKinley delivered the ornaments to Carson, who passed them off to Ben (just before he realized he could put them on the tree himself), who then hung them on the tree. It sounds complicated, but I think everyone liked having their own "job."


Yes - she looks homeless, but still as adorable as ever.


What a big helper.


These precious moments are what make the holidays one of my favorite times of the year.












No comments: