Monday, November 24, 2008
At Least You Have an Excuse
You know the old phrase: "So what, did your mother drop you on your head or something?" Well, I have officially turned that phrase into a reality. McKinley (my 1.5 year old daughter) and I were shopping for cards the other day when she reached out to grab one of them and physics took over. She toppled head-first out of the cart towards the ground. Unfortunately, I was just one step too far away to catch her. Now, before you send the cops out to arrest me for being a negligent mother, you should know that I was able to absorb some of the blow with my leg and arm as I reached out to protect my poor baby. Despite my efforts, she still ended up with a goose egg on her forehead and a very remorseful mom. McKinley, as history has told us, is a very tough girl who is able to shirk off most pain and move along as though nothing ever happened - and she certainly didn't disappoint in this instance either. The good news (I guess if there could be good news in this story) is that if she ever does something truly idiotic in her later years she has a legitimate excuse. So, if someone ever asks her, "were you dropped you on your head or something?" She can respond with a simply truthful and emphatic, "Yes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment