Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Here Comes the Tooth Fairy

Carson lost his first tooth on May 29th!  
His front tooth simply started getting a little grey a few months ago - not really causing him any grief, just not looking very pretty.  Then, after a few weeks of that, that same tooth started getting loose.  Carson really didn't seem too bothered by it until about a week before when it started hurting every time he moved it. 

I ended up taking him to the dentist, where he had to get a shot and then have it taken out.  He wasn't too thrilled about the shot, and was quite afraid of all the tools, but he stayed still enough to get it out, and never really complained - he was such a trooper.  The dentist and hygienist were both surprised at how well he did, and let him pick out 3 toys for his bravery.  

The most exciting part of the adventure for Carson was being able to put his tooth under his pillow and wake up in the morning to see what the Tooth Fairy brought.  Ben thought the Tooth Fairy was being "cheap" when she put $10 under the pillow (no, I'm not insane - it was his first tooth, and Carson was told repeatedly that it would never be that much again), until I had to remind him how many teeth there actually are in the human mouth, and how quickly that money can add up when they all start falling out.  I mean really, I was lucky if I got a dollar as a kid.  

I think Carson was thoroughly happy with the whole adventure, and is very proud of his now-toothless smile.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

$10!!! Woah!!! Can Pearl come to your house when the tooth fairy makes her first appearance?

Jeff Johnson said...

Ben doesn't spoil your kids does he???