Thursday, April 23, 2009

Best Days

Carson and I were talking last night about what he had done that day. Nothing major, just an overview of the things he experienced, to not only work on his story-telling and language skills (yes, I'm forever a speech therapist), but also so I feel as involved as possible in his life on those days I have to work. As we were talking, I asked him a series of questions that I thought was quite funny:

Me: Carson, what do you like most about Nana days?
Carson: Catching butterflies.

Me: What do you like most about Mommy days?
Carson: Having cooking and art days.

Me: Great. What do you like most about Daddy days?
Carson: Eating the marshmallows in the Lucky Charms.

I think I have clearly identified the weak link in my parenting armor: Ben.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha ha! Every parent has a weak armor but kids sure love the weak one don't they?

Jeff Johnson said...

I could have told you the weak link - but your story is more funny.