As many of you may know, Carson has been a little slow to develop his speech, much to the dismay of his so-called "speech-language pathologist" mother. I started getting a little concerned that McKinley was going to follow suit, when at her 18 month check-up, I could barely count on 2 hands how many words she had. My pediatrician was overly encouraging, but the pessimist that I must be, was sure she would end up being a mute, or be completely unintelligible to everyone but her mom. Over the past month, however, McKinley must have sensed my angst and began saying so many words that I started losing track. It was fabulous. Every day there seemed to be a new word that she would know and say, and seemed even more responsive with a round of applause from her parents and brother. Tonight, she totally caught me off guard when she picked up a football that had the University of Utah emblem printed on it, and proudly exclaimed, "Go Utah!" while raising her fist in the air. Now, don't get me wrong, I am totally thrilled that she is using so many words, but a part of me is now thoroughly convinced that my husband is incorporating some highly-skilled brainwashing techniques on our children. Is it really possible for my kids to be any more aware or supportive of the Utes than they already are? I guess I shouldn't voice my concern out loud - because I'm sure Ben already has a series of new strategies in place to turn our kids into bigger Utah fans than he is.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Brainwashed
Ok, so I apparently need to apologize to the blogging world out there for not posting anything for the past few weeks. I've been a little crazy at work, and truthfully, I did just start reading a series of books for the fifth time this week- and despite my over-familiarity with them, I can't seem to put them down. Despite my lame excuses, I did have a funny event happen today that I knew I had to share:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah for McKinley! Sounds like Ben is brainwashing her but if it gets her talk, then I guess it's ok. You'd really have to worry if she said "Go Cougars"!
You can send them over and I will brainwash them to be AGGIES.
I knew there was a plot by Utah fan fathers to brainwash their children!! I swear almost all of my kids have said "Utah" or "Utes" out of nowhere, despite my best efforts to raise them properly :) I'm glad McKinley is talking more - that's one of my favorite stages!
wow. I would be worried, if I were you. that sounds like more brainwashing than Disney..."the happiest place on earth"...
Post a Comment